Apple, red lentils & sweet potato purée
[6-7m+] I’d give this to my son. Tested and approved by a baby girl, she just gobbled it in and asked for seconds.
– 1/2 cup rinsed red lentils
– 1 sweet potato
– 1-2 apples
– plant based fat (like olive oil, rapeseed oil, coconut oil ect.) or ghee.
Sweet potato is not on the “dirty dozen” list so buying it organic is not necessary.
1. Peel the sweet potato and apples. And wash the red lentils properly.
2. Steam the sweet potato, and apples. And boil the red lentils with 2 cups of water maybe more read the instructions on the back of the package.
3. When the red lentils are cooked properly purée everything. I added 1/2 tsp organic ghee to the mixture, you can also add coconut butter for some flavor.
If you notice that your baby gets tummy ache from red lentils you might want to wait to include it in your baby’s diet until 8-10 months. Lentils are high in protein and can upset your baby’s tummy if your LO isn’t used to it. My son had no problems at all but babies are different and as always I’ll advice to consult your pediatrician.