Baby’s Chicken Soup
Baby’s chicken soup is a natural hearty home remedy for whenever we are hit by a cold at home. I make the best soothing chicken soup for the family and it is completely loaded with nutrients. It is baby and toddler friendly [ 7-8m+] I’d serve this.
Whenever we are hit by a cold at home I make the best soothing chicken soup for the family. It is baby and toddler friendly [ 7-8m+] I’d serve this.
The chicken contains an amino acid that is similar to the drug acetyl cysteine, which helps thin mucus in the lungs, making it easier to cough out the gunk. Plus it’s so comforting! You can basically add any vegetables to this soup and it turns out well. I myself ate half of this batch lol. Used kiddofeedo baby food container to freeze the rest.
– 1 dl red lentils (1/4 cup)
– 3 carrots
– 1 medium onion
– 1 chicken breast
– 6 cauliflower florets
– 4 broccoli florets
– 1 tsp Curry salt-free & thyme spice (for 8m+ babies)
– olive oil
1. Rinse the red lentils and wash the produce. Chop everything into small tiny baby bites.
2. In a big pot sauté the onion in some olive oil and add the chopped chicken and carrots and add the spices.Then add the lentils.
3. Pour 1 liter of water and just let everything boil quietly. Then add the broccoli and cauliflower last and boil for another 10-15 minutes. the soup is done when it is flavored.
4. Let it cool a little and serve. Pour the rest of the soup into baby food containers, I use @kiddofeedo ‘s non-toxic, they’re great and they easily pop out. just take a couple of cubes out and heat it in a sauce pan and serve.
You can blend this completely or leave chunks, it all depends on your baby’s ability to chew.