This colorful homemade organic beet chip recipe is a wonderful healthy alternative snack idea for potato chips.
World’s easiest root vegetable beet chips, a great toddler and mummy snack. Root vegetables like turnips, carrots, parsnips, beets, sweet potatoes are great roasted, they are so colorful and full of nutrients!
Use any dipping to it and dip these crisp beet chips to it. we love these served with a creamy hummus. You can use any type of beet, I would recommend using ordianry red beets, I found this sort to be a little more bitter than other types of beets, so it is completely up to you and your family’s taste to choose which one you prefer.
- Olive oil
- seasoning of your choice
1. Peel and then slice the beets into very thin pieces, use a mandolin. The trickiest part is slicing the vegetables very thin. You can also use a sharp knife but a mandolin works better. The thinner you cut the vegetables the crispier it’ll become. I actually use my food processor sometimes, it has a slicer blade attachment which is less work than using a mandolin.
2. Lay them piece by piece and spread the chips out in a single layer.
3. Butter the beet with olive oil and sprinkle some seasoning of your choice including a little salt.
4. Place the baking dish in a preheated oven 180 C for about 10 min and then flip them half way through.
5. Keep an eye on the beets because some of the thinner beet chips will begin to brown sooner than the rest. When they seem crispy take them out the oven and serve with some humus or any other dip if desired.
This beet chips recipe is a wonderful healthy alternative snack for potato chips! I’m making this as a traditional snack at home because even the adults enjoys these.