Carrot and Pomegranate Purée [7m-8m+]
Carrot & pomegranate purée [7m-8m+]
I have served this to my son when he was [8m+] and it’s very tasty.
Pomegranates are often appreciated because they are filled with antioxidant and is a great source of vitamin C and K and much more.
So I wanted to add this to his diet somehow and this was what I came up with.
-1 cup of pomegranates
-1 sweet Apple
– Plant based oil
– all organic if possible
1. Peel and cut the apples and carrots.
2. Steam the apples and carrots until you easily can cut through the carrots and until the apples get soft. You will have to add the apples 10 min after steaming the carrots because they cook faster.
3. When they are done add them to an empty bowl and purée very soft adding some of its own boil water. Use a sieve and pour the purée through making sure there’s no seeds left from the pomegranate.
4. Add the plant based oil and purée. And serve
– Always consult your pediatrician when introduction solid foods. Pomegranates can cause allergy so be careful about how you introduce it.