I am super excited to be sharing this hearty family recipe of ours in one of the most fabulous healthy kids food sites www.superhealthykids.com I’m blogging for them and this is my first recipe there ever.
This recipe will give you a reason to get out of bed! Who knew that pancakes all the sudden could become a superfood?
- 3 tablespoon – chia seeds
- 4 large – egg
- 4 small – banana
- 1/2 tablespoon – baking powder
- 2 tablespoon – flour, all-purpose
- 5 tablespoon – flour, almond
- 2 tablespoon – milk
- 1 tablespoon – butter, unsalted
- Peel and mash the bananas until it becomes smooth and pudding like.
- Whisk together the eggs and bananas until they are completely combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients little by little while blending it well, and continue till the mixture turns into a thick liquid.
- Warm a medium sized pan and add a little butter to prevent the pancakes becoming sticky.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of mixture on to the hot pan and do not widen the pancakes too much. When you add the mixture to the hot pan it should sizzle immediately.
- let it cook for about 1 minute and then turn it over gently with a spatula and give it another minute. It should turn golden brown and should be more firm before turning it over. Remember the first pancake rule, which is tthe first pancake always turns ugly, so do not get disencouraged!
- Serve them warm and if you want top them with berries and fresh fruits.
I hope you will enjoy!