Pumpkin purees are ideal as first food as it is easily digested and rarely causes allergies, therefore it makes perfect first food.
Super creamy carnival pumpkin puree
Fall is here and so are winter squashes!
This simple, creamy and not too sweet pumpkin puree is a great base to mix in other vegetable or fruit purees into but it is also great on its own.
Pumpkin purees are ideal as first food as it is easily digested and rarely causes allergies, therefore it makes perfect first food. Some squash is naturally sweeten, and has a pleasing, creamy texture that most babies enjoy. It’s bursting in flavor and color and most importantly it is loaded with nutrients! It contains nutrients that helps to boost the immune system and is rich in vitamins like vitamin A, C and E.
The creamy texture is a favourite among babies. My son absolutely used to love this purée when he was a baby, so I hope yours will as well.
You can also steam the pumpkin instead of baking it, but I prefer baking it as it enhances the flavor of the squash.
– 1 carnival pumpkin
– 1 tbsp og fat of your choice, I use organic canola oil but you can use other types as well.
1. Cut the pumpkin in the middel and remove all the seeds with a spoon.
2. Add it to a baking dish and pour water till it reaches 1/2 cm up the pumpkin.
3. Bake it in the oven at 200C till you can cut easily through. For about 40 minutes
4. Remove the skin and puree with a blender and add the fat that’s it.
❄️ Feezes up till 3 months
Super yummy pumpkin puree, enjoy ✨