Homemade Organic Veggie Chips
is a wonderful idea for a healthy snack
Age depends on your baby’s ability to chew.
– 1-2 sweet potato of any kind
– 1 Beetroot
– Jerusalem artichokes for older kids who can chew well.
1. Slice the vegetables very thin, use a mandolin. The trickiest part is slicing the vegetables very thin. You can also use a sharp knife. The thinner you cut the vegetables the crispier it’ll become. I actually used my food processor it has a slicer blade attachment, much easier than using a mandolin.
2. Lay them piece by piece and spread the chips out in a single layer.
3. Smear the chips with oliveoil and sprinkle some cinnamon or thyme.
4. Put them in a preheated oven 180 C for about 10 min and then flip them.
5. Keep an eye on them because some of the thinner chips will begin to brown sooner than the rest. When they seem crispy take them out the oven and serve with some humus or any other dip if desired.
This is a wonderful healthy alternative snack for potato chips! they taste great and your baby or toddler is gonna love it. I’m making this as a traditional snack at home because even the adults