lactation muffins – super food muffins that is NOT just for breastfeeding moms, it makes a nutritious snack for anyone in general.
These super lactation muffins are filled with super foods and extremely nutritious. It makes a wonderful snack for yourself and even your toddler or older baby that would love to nibble on these naturally sweeten muffins. it also makes a great finger food as it is soft yet firm.
the key ingredient here for boosting your milk supply is the brewers yeast, of course everything else does contribute to a better milk supply but brewers yeast has specifically been known for its quality to increase your milk supply. so be generous with it when adding it to the mixture, just do not over do it as it does have a very distasteful flavor, but is easily masked by the rest of the ingredients.
Don’t get intimidated by the ingredient list. You can vary the ingredients and you do definitely not need ALL of them.
Almost everything can be found in holistic shops or online. you can find most of the products on amazon.com see for instance link: Brewers Yeast
Yield: 12 muffins
❄️Freezes up to 3 months (so go ahead and prep like I do if you’re pregnant)
– 3 M/L eggs
– 2 ripe banana
– 1 cup of oats flour
– 1/2 cup of nuts (I used almonds)
– 1 tbsp Brewers yeast powder or flakes
– 3 tbsp chia seeds
– 2 tbsp hemp hearts
– 1 tsp of anis seeds
– 1 tsp of fennel seeds
– 4 tsp. Flax seeds
– 2 tbsp coconut sugar
– 2 tbsp. Coconut butter
– 2 tsp baking powder
All organic if possible
1. Preheat oven to 190 C (374 F)
2. Mash the eggs and banana and add the melted coconut butter and combine all.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients. And grind them all together in a processor.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients and combine.
5. Spray oil the muffin tins and add 2 tablespoonfuls to each muffin tin.
6. Bake the muffins for 30 minutes.
Please share your breastfeeding tips if you have any!