This super easy non- refined sugar muffin recipe isn’t sweet it’s more like spicy bread made in a muffin tin which makes it a great snack for your toddler or older baby to snack on. Your entire home
SPICY SWEET POTATO Muffins
My entire home smelled of fall while these spicy sweet potato muffins was in the oven.
This super easy muffin recipe isn’t sweet it’s more like spicy bread made in a muffin tin which makes it a great snack for your toddler or older baby can to munch on. Great with butter too.
If you want the sweet version of it you can add 1-2 dl marble syrup to the recipe.
This recipe is:
- Refined Sugar free
- Egg free
Makes 12 muffins
– 2 cups (500 ml) of flour
– 2 handful of raisins
– 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp Natron (baking soda)
– 3 small sweet potato or 1 1/2 big
– 1 apple
– 3/4 cup of milk or almond milk
– 1/4 cup Virgin olive oil
– 3-4 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cardamom, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1. Cut and peel the sweet potatoes and apple and boil/steam or bake it till it gets mushy.
2. Purée the apple and sweet potato with the rest of the fluent ingredients.
3. Mix the dry ingredients together and pour the dry mixture into the purée and stir until it turns into a mass.
4. Pour 2 tbsp of the mixture into every single muffin liner and if you are using the tin only then butter the tin well before pouring the mixture.
5. Place it in a preheated oven to 400 F (200 C) and bake it for 20-25 min until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out completely clean.
Leave it to cool before enjoying it.
I actually added 1 tbsp of organic honey to the purée but that’s only for babies 12m+