Vegan falafel patties
[8m+] I’d serve this.
My son absolutely loved these! It’s a protein packed meal and is so great as finger food just cut them according to your baby’s ability to chew and they’re ready to be served.
Great for #blw
-500 gr chickpea soaked overnight
-2 tbsp lemon
– 1 handful of fresh parsley
– 1 handful of fresh coriander (or ground)
– 3 minced garlic cloves
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 3 tbsp olive oil
– rapeseed / canola oil to fry the falafel with
You can easily take your baby’s portion to the side then add salt to the adults portion.
1. Wash the uncooked chickpea thorough and blend it well in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients until it turns into a coarse pastry. The texture of the chickpea mixture should be firm enough to easily hold its shape.
2. Form the falafel into small balls or flat mini burgers it’s up to you. Just don’t make it too thick in order for it to cook properly in the middle.
3. Heat the oil in a small or medium sized sauce pan and fry them until the surface becomes crispy (around 5 min).For a healthier option you can bake instead see the first comment.
Tip: If the mixture becomes too loose form patties from add some Breadcrumps to the pastry.
The first step image with the ingredients is from: fearlesshomemaker.com