I’ve made this extreme moisture cornbread, made it kid friendly.
– 300 gr of yellow cornmeal
– 120 ml flour
– 1 tbsp white sugar
– 1 tbsp baking powder
– 1 tbsp dried garlic or garlic powder
– 160 ml milk
– 2 eggs
– 70 ml olive oil
– 1 chopped onion
– 1 chopped green pepper
– 200 g creamed corn. (Canned but i made my own see #bfucreamcorn)
– 1 can of sweet corn or frozen corn.
1. Set oven to 350 F (180 C)
2. Mix in a large bowl cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic, milk, eggs, seasoning and oliveoil.
3. Add in chopped onion and creamed corn and thawed sweet corn and mix everything together.
4. Pour the batter into a baking dish.
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the top is golden and you can know whether it’s done or not with a toothpick inserted in the middle, if it comes out clean that means it’s done.
6. Let it cool off before cutting into it.
Original recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/mexican-cornbread-57131